The following documents (English or German) are required for the online application:
- A current CV following the Europass standard
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or employer
- Your degree certificate
- Your language certificate (English mandatory, German optional)
- Secondary school certificate
- Statement of intent / Motivation letter
- Transcripts of records
In case you do not yet own a final certificate, a provisional certificate can be provided in the meantime. If you have not finished yet your bachelor degree, you should provide an official letter from your university stating when you will finish your bachelor degree.
It is recommended, although not mandatory, to have the documents certified. The following certifications are accepted:
- a German representation, or
- a public notar
Adequate command of spoken and written English is required for admission. Evidence of adequate English proficiency must be submitted before enrollment.
For our International Master program German and International students must be able to read English with ease, understand rapid idiomatic English as used in lectures and group discussions, and express thoughts quickly and clearly in spoken and written English. Admission is offered only to students who are fully prepared in English.
- A GRE General Test is not required.
- Language of tuition is not accepted.
- Only native speakers from the United States and Great Britain are exempt from taking one of the above mentioned tests.
Applicants are required to qualify in one of the following tests of English as a foreign language:
- TOEFL internet based score 88 or better
- IELTS minimum band score 6,5 or better
- First, Grade A
- Business Vantage: Grade A,
- Business Higher: Grade C or better,
- Advanced: Grade C or better,
- Proficiency, all grades
English language skills level B2 based on the SUK Course "Fachenglisch für EIT" (course no. 29.84203
Once you are accepted (and only in this case) you have to send us officially certified copies of the following documents
- Signed affidavit (provided via KOPLA)
- Bachelor’s final or provisional certificate
- Transcripts of your Bachelor’s studies.
- English certificate (The TOEFL certificate may also be sent electronically from the TOEFL institute to the Hochschule Darmstadt. Our TOEFL Institutional Code is 4776, our department code is Electrical Engineering 66).
The certification may be administered by
- a German representation, or by
- notary public, or
- by having your university sent the documents in a sealed envelope
Please send your paper documents only after your admission!