Current information regarding Corona pandemic
Due to the current Corona virus situation, we have to prepare ourselves for an online program in the summer semester. Therefore we have compiled all important information for you on this webpage, which we will update on a regular basis.
If possible, please do not send any e-mails with individual questions on organizational topics or examination matters. Instead, please check your h_da email box and this page daily. If you have to send an email, please use the functional email accounts mentioned below. Whenever you contact us by email, please state your full name, your course of study and your matriculation number! This facilitates finding our record and we can respond to your enquiry faster.
University-wide regulations can be found under https://h-da.de/hochschule/corona/
The examination office and the department office are closed from now an until further notice. But we can be reached electronically.
If you have something urgent to discuss with the examination board, please send an email directly to the head of the examination board:
- MSE: Prof. Kuhn firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA EIT: Prof. Freitag gernot.Freitag@h-da.de
- WING BA: Prof. Kleinmann email@example.com
- WING MSc: Prof. Jeromin firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send certificates or forms that need to be filled in by email. Please use the following email address for exam matters:email@example.com.
For all other questions, please contact the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Examination Office does not offer personal consultations hours for students and graduates from now on until further notice. You can reach the examination office via mail or phone:
- Per Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 06151 16 -38030 /-38031 /-30091. Office hours: Monday till Thursday from 08:30 am - 12:30 pm.
The Examination Office explicitly points out that all activities are offered as usual – just without personal contact.
It is currently not possible to collect the final documents in person. Graduates have the opportunity to have the final documents sent to them at the university’s expense if they personal request the examination Office to do so. A corresponding email containing all relevant information will be sent to the graduates after the documents have been completed
Additional information from our department: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that document creation and processes at the department will take longer as usual at the moment. If you need a certificate of completion, please contact the exam secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.
The buildings in our department are no longer accessible to students. Please stay at home until the situation relaxes.
We are currently trying to plan the summer semester as free of presence as possible. There will be more scripts, exercises, video lectures etc. We will also be able to offer some laboratory events in some way. More information will follow soon.
Nevertheless, a whole semester cannot be changed from one day to the next without restrictions and there will definitely be restrictions. We will sometimes find individual solutions and break new grounds. We rely on your help and understanding! Please be prepared for the fact that the end of the lecture period or the examination periods can also change. Again, let’s wait and see.
Especially with laboratories, it is sometimes impossible to offer them online. We have to act flexibly here and see how the situation develops.
The faculty council has decided that from now on all courses are subject to enrolment. This approach gives us the possibility to send targeted organisational email announcements (e.g. access codes for Moodle courses) to the enrolled students only. By this selective way of communication we hope to keep the flood of emails, that we all receive during the semester, at the lowest possible level. Furthermore this will allow us to better plan online events.
Here you will find a tutorial on how to register for a course in QIS. Most of you are probably already familiar with the procedure, as it is the same as registering for laboratories. Nevertheless, here is some important information that you are supposed to read carefully:
The registration period runs from 6 to 27 April 2020.
We have deliberately set the deadline after the end of the first week of lectures in order to give latecomers the chance of being enrolled in the mailing lists as well.
Register as early as possible!
If a Moodle course is only accessible with an access code, the code will of course be distributed before the first lecture starts.
The system works reliably. If you are unable to enrol for a course, please send an email to email@example.com stating the following information: name, course, matriculation number, course number in QIS, detailed description of the error together with a screenshot.
The lab groups will be organized in moodle as usual. You will receive further information by mail on the exact process.
With immediate effect, all exams with attendance will be suspended until April 20th, 2020.
It is not possible to view the exams at the moment.
This applies to all exams, both oral supplementary exams and colloquia (see: Theses and Colloquia).
Plant closures, short-time work, etc.: If you are on an internship and are affected by measures that make it impossible to complete the internship regularly, we will be generous - not every lost time has to be reworked. Please speak to your supervising lecturer here if necessary.
Extensions due to company closings: If you are currently working on your master's thesis and are unable to continue working due to a closure of the company or the laboratory of the university:
- Please fill out the application for an extension to submit your thesis. You can find the applications in the download area on the website under your degree program https://eit.h-da.de/studium/studienbetrieb/downloads/?fcontrast=574
- We will arrange an extension quickly.
Submission of the thesis: Until further notice we change the procedure as follows:
- On the submission date, please send your thesis to both supervisors and to the exam secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a confirmation from the Examination Secretariat if you have sent it properly. Only with this confirmation is your submission correct and on record. An email only to the supervisor is not sufficient.
- Please hand in the bound copies at a later date. We will communicate this via the website, this depends on the current situation.
Colloquia: If you have already submitted your thesis or the submission will take place during the closure of the university:
- Please get in contact with your supervisor and ask if a colloquium can be held via a video conference via Skype, Teamviewer, Zoom or a similar tool. We have the approval of the university here to enable you to graduate in the winter semester.
- If this is not possible, we will do your colloquium as soon as possible. Please contact us via the email@example.com email address.
In this case you do not have to worry about deadlines or because you are not registered for the next semester! In this unusual situation we will handle deadlines etc. extremely flexibly with the backing of the university management. I just ask you to be patient when answering your requests.
At the moment, the Studierendenwerk is not aware of an infections inside the student dorms. But this might and very likely will change.
We have agreed the following procedure with the Studierendenwerk, which is closely in line with the official recommendations from medical authorities:
- Please stay at home if you do not feel well and contact your doctor. As most of you might not have a doctor yet, check which general doctor (Hausarzt) is close to your premises. Maybe also senior students might give you some hints.
- If you are infected, the Studierendenwerk will try to get you into stationary health care, as a true quarantine is hard to achieve in a student dorm. Please closely follow the advices and guidelines of the Studierendenwerk in this case.
- Please stay in contact with your peers and try to support you whenever possible. In case one WG has to stay in quarantine, please buy food and other needs for them and deposit this in front of the door.
- Do not get in direct contact with students in a quarantine situation.
Concerning Heag, we try to make similar arrangements, but as the Heag does not have local housing staff, you will very likely manage things more by yourself. Also for this, make sure that you stay in contact. Please do not limit this to your friends only, but make sure that everybody is included in your social media.
Some students reported issues with visa prolongation due to closed immigration offices. We have forwarded this to the Student Service Center and will provide an update as soon as we have some information.