Current information regarding Corona pandemic
Due to the current situation, we have compiled all important information for you on this website, which we will update regularly.
If possible, please do not send any e-mails with individual questions on organizational topics or examination matters. Instead, please check your h_da email box and this page daily. If you have to send an email, please use the functional email accounts mentioned below. Whenever you contact us by email, please state your full name, your course of study and your matriculation number! This facilitates finding our record and we can respond to your enquiry faster.
University-wide regulations can be found under https://h-da.de/hochschule/corona/
The examination office and the department office are closed from now an until further notice. But we can be reached electronically.
If you have something urgent to discuss with the examination board, please send an email directly to the head of the examination board:
- MSE: Prof. Kuhn firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA EIT: Prof. Freitag gernot.Freitag@h-da.de
- WING BA: Prof. Kleinmann email@example.com
- WING MSc: Prof. Jeromin firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send certificates or forms that need to be filled in by email. Please use the following email address for exam matters:email@example.com.
For all other questions, please contact the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Examination Office does not offer personal consultations hours for students and graduates from now on until further notice. You can reach the examination office via mail or phone:
- Per Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 06151 16 -38030 /-38031 /-30091. Office hours: Monday till Thursday from 08:30 am - 12:30 pm.
The Examination Office explicitly points out that all activities are offered as usual – just without personal contact.
It is currently not possible to collect the final documents in person. Graduates have the opportunity to have the final documents sent to them at the university’s expense if they personal request the examination Office to do so. A corresponding email containing all relevant information will be sent to the graduates after the documents have been completed
Additional information from our department: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that document creation and processes at the department will take longer as usual at the moment. If you need a certificate of completion, please contact the exam secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.
The buildings in our department are no longer accessible to students. Please stay at home until the situation relaxes.
- At our department, the semester is mainly carried out online.
- If laboratories take place in attendance, this is noted in the timetable and a room is stored.
- Please check the timetable regularly before the semester begins, changes are still possible!
- The timetable for the 2020/2021 winter term is now available online:
Assigments / Moodle
As in the summer semester, we will again be working with assignments via the course catalog in QIS and with Moodle courses. The links to the Moodle courses will be added to the QIS again. A QIS guide can be found here (Pdf-Datei, 473,3 KB)
- We have compiled a list of the elective options for the semester for each course. You can find this here (Pdf-Datei, 361,5 KB).
- Please note that electives have to be chosen from this, exceptions are not possible.
- Lecture period: 02.11.2020 – 12.02.2020
- Registration deadline for lectures, laboratories, projects and exercises in QIS: 19.10. – 25.10.2020
- Registration deadline for exams: 23.11. – 16.12.2020
- The examination period has not yet been set by the Presidium. We can only start with the concrete planning when this is available. We will inform you as soon as we have received the information ourselves.
- Please check the website and your h-da mail account regularly. We have to expect that regulations will be changed at any time and that there will be changes at short notice.
- Due to the mainly digital communication, we ask you to first look for information and news on the website. Our mail volume is very high, so there may be delays in replies. So please think carefully about whether an email is necessary. We will always inform you as soon as possible if we have new information.
- I would like to expressly encourage you to contact us if you have any problems with your studies. We can only look for and offer solutions if we know about problems.
The "Special Statute of the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences to cope with the challenges posed by the Coronavirus SARS - CoV-2 epidemic" adopted by the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences came into force on October 1st, 2020 and is valid until March 31st, 2021. This can be viewed on the website.
Oral Examsare not set by the university. An oral exam is only set upon request to the examination board (email@example.com)
- If you did not pass a third attempt at an exam in the winter semester 2019/2020 and did not take your oral exam in summer, the department wrote to you. According to the new statutes, you have the option of withdrawing from it. In this case, please inform your examiner and the examination board immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you did not pass a third attempt at an exam in the summer semester 2020: If you want to take the oral exam, please send a request to the examination board at email@example.com
There is no obligation to take part in the exams. This means that you can still withdraw until the examination begins (almost up to the examination door). When the examination questions are issued, the examination is considered to have been taken.
We strongly recommend that you take the oral exams now. These are carried out in attendance in compliance with the distance and hygiene regulations.
Since there is no obligation to participate in exams, the mandatory registrations for repetition exams are suspended.
If you want to take part in repetition exams, you have to register yourself with all other exams.
As always: no exam without registration. Since we will probably have to plan the examination period under the same conditions as in summer, no late registrations will be accepted.
Plant closures, short-time work, etc.: If you are on an internship and are affected by measures that make it impossible to complete the internship regularly, we will be generous - not every lost time has to be reworked. Please speak to your supervising lecturer here if necessary.
Extensions due to company closings: If you are currently working on your master's thesis and are unable to continue working due to a closure of the company or the laboratory of the university:
- Please fill out the application for an extension to submit your thesis. You can find the applications in the download area on the website under your degree program https://eit.h-da.de/studium/studienbetrieb/downloads/?fcontrast=574
- We will arrange an extension quickly.
Submission of the thesis:
- Timely mailing of the digital thesis to the examiners as well as to the examination board firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient for the timely submission of theses.
- However, two printed and bound versions including in electronic form as PDF document without document restriction on CD-ROM or DVD are required for issuing the certificates. Please send us the final thesis by mail:
FB Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
We would like to point out that you need to sign the declaration of original authorship before submitting the hardcopies of your thesis. Without your signature, we cannot forward your theses and no degree can be registered in our system. It therefore delays the whole process of preparing the final documents.
Colloquia: If you have already submitted your thesis or the submission will take place during the closure of the university:
- Please get in contact with your supervisor and ask if a colloquium can be held via a video conference via Skype, Teamviewer, Zoom or a similar tool. We have the approval of the university here to enable you to graduate in the winter semester.
- If this is not possible, we will do your colloquium as soon as possible. Please contact us via the email@example.com email address.
In this case you do not have to worry about deadlines or because you are not registered for the next semester! In this unusual situation we will handle deadlines etc. extremely flexibly with the backing of the university management. I just ask you to be patient when answering your requests.
At the moment, the Studierendenwerk is not aware of an infections inside the student dorms. But this might and very likely will change.
We have agreed the following procedure with the Studierendenwerk, which is closely in line with the official recommendations from medical authorities:
- Please stay at home if you do not feel well and contact your doctor. As most of you might not have a doctor yet, check which general doctor (Hausarzt) is close to your premises. Maybe also senior students might give you some hints.
- If you are infected, the Studierendenwerk will try to get you into stationary health care, as a true quarantine is hard to achieve in a student dorm. Please closely follow the advices and guidelines of the Studierendenwerk in this case.
- Please stay in contact with your peers and try to support you whenever possible. In case one WG has to stay in quarantine, please buy food and other needs for them and deposit this in front of the door.
- Do not get in direct contact with students in a quarantine situation.
Concerning Heag, we try to make similar arrangements, but as the Heag does not have local housing staff, you will very likely manage things more by yourself. Also for this, make sure that you stay in contact. Please do not limit this to your friends only, but make sure that everybody is included in your social media.
Information for extension of residence permits during the Corona pandemic can be found here (Pdf-Datei, 238,1 KB).