Current information regarding Corona pandemic
Due to the current Corona virus situation, we have to prepare ourselves for an online program in the summer semester. Therefore we have compiled all important information for you on this webpage, which we will update on a regular basis.
If possible, please do not send any e-mails with individual questions on organizational topics or examination matters. Instead, please check your h_da email box and this page daily. If you have to send an email, please use the functional email accounts mentioned below. Whenever you contact us by email, please state your full name, your course of study and your matriculation number! This facilitates finding our record and we can respond to your enquiry faster.
University-wide regulations can be found under https://h-da.de/hochschule/corona/
The examination office and the department office are closed from now an until further notice. But we can be reached electronically.
If you have something urgent to discuss with the examination board, please send an email directly to the head of the examination board:
- MSE: Prof. Kuhn email@example.com
- BA EIT: Prof. Freitag gernot.Freitag@h-da.de
- WING BA: Prof. Kleinmann firstname.lastname@example.org
- WING MSc: Prof. Jeromin email@example.com
Please send certificates or forms that need to be filled in by email. Please use the following email address for exam matters:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions, please contact the following email address: email@example.com.
The Examination Office does not offer personal consultations hours for students and graduates from now on until further notice. You can reach the examination office via mail or phone:
- Per Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 06151 16 -38030 /-38031 /-30091. Office hours: Monday till Thursday from 08:30 am - 12:30 pm.
The Examination Office explicitly points out that all activities are offered as usual – just without personal contact.
It is currently not possible to collect the final documents in person. Graduates have the opportunity to have the final documents sent to them at the university’s expense if they personal request the examination Office to do so. A corresponding email containing all relevant information will be sent to the graduates after the documents have been completed
Additional information from our department: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that document creation and processes at the department will take longer as usual at the moment. If you need a certificate of completion, please contact the exam secretariat email@example.com.
The buildings in our department are no longer accessible to students. Please stay at home until the situation relaxes.
We are currently trying to plan the summer semester as free of presence as possible. There will be more scripts, exercises, video lectures etc. We will also be able to offer some laboratory events in some way. More information will follow soon.
Nevertheless, a whole semester cannot be changed from one day to the next without restrictions and there will definitely be restrictions. We will sometimes find individual solutions and break new grounds. We rely on your help and understanding! Please be prepared for the fact that the end of the lecture period or the examination periods can also change. Again, let’s wait and see.
Especially with laboratories, it is sometimes impossible to offer them online. We have to act flexibly here and see how the situation develops.
The faculty council has decided that from now on all courses are subject to enrolment. This approach gives us the possibility to send targeted organisational email announcements (e.g. access codes for Moodle courses) to the enrolled students only. By this selective way of communication we hope to keep the flood of emails, that we all receive during the semester, at the lowest possible level. Furthermore this will allow us to better plan online events.
Here you will find a tutorial on how to register for a course in QIS. Most of you are probably already familiar with the procedure, as it is the same as registering for laboratories. Nevertheless, here is some important information that you are supposed to read carefully:
The registration period runs from 6 to 27 April 2020.
We have deliberately set the deadline after the end of the first week of lectures in order to give latecomers the chance of being enrolled in the mailing lists as well.
Register as early as possible!
If a Moodle course is only accessible with an access code, the code will of course be distributed before the first lecture starts.
The system works reliably. If you are unable to enrol for a course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the following information: name, course, matriculation number, course number in QIS, detailed description of the error together with a screenshot.
The lab groups will be organized in moodle as usual. You will receive further information by mail on the exact process.
the University Committee has announced the exam period for this year’s Summer Semester 2020 exams: August 1 - September 30, 2020.
Special regulations - Repetition exams - Summer 2020: The mandatory registrations for this semester have been carried out. According to the examination regulations you have to repeat a failed examination at the next possible date. This special semester will be a whole new challenge for you and for us. The situation can change suddenly for everyone: You can become infected yourself, you have to go to quarantine or a family member needs your help.
As we cannot estimate how and in what form tests will be carried out in the current situation, there will be the following special regulation:
In this summer semester you can withdrawfrom repetition exams once. Please note the withdrawal deadlines for your degree program (BBPO). If you withdraw from these exams, you will be registered again in the winter semester 2020/2021 and must then take these exams.
Please note for the old examination rules (2012): The exams for your degree program will only be offered till (and including) the winter semester 2021/2022.So please think carefully about whether you will take the exams or not.
Oral Supplementary Examination: All students for whom an oral supplementary examination is due were written to and asked to return a declaration of consent if they wish to take their mEP within the coming weeks.
The students' feedback must be received by Friday, 05.06.2020. Students who do not send in their re-registration will be considered to have withdrawn for the summer semester 2020.
Inspection of examinations: At the request of students who are due to take an oral supplementary examination or a repeat examination, the inspection of examinations will be granted. All other students are kindly requested to postpone the inspection to a later date. You have the right to inspect the written exams within one year.
Plant closures, short-time work, etc.: If you are on an internship and are affected by measures that make it impossible to complete the internship regularly, we will be generous - not every lost time has to be reworked. Please speak to your supervising lecturer here if necessary.
Extensions due to company closings: If you are currently working on your master's thesis and are unable to continue working due to a closure of the company or the laboratory of the university:
- Please fill out the application for an extension to submit your thesis. You can find the applications in the download area on the website under your degree program https://eit.h-da.de/studium/studienbetrieb/downloads/?fcontrast=574
- We will arrange an extension quickly.
Submission of the thesis: From the second week of July, the procedure nearly returns to the regular procedure, because copy shops are open again:
- On the submission date, please send your thesis to both supervisors and to the exam secretariat email@example.com
- On the submission date, please send us two printed and bound copies as well as in electronic form as a PDF document without document restriction on CD-ROM or DVD by post (date as postmark):
FB Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
- You will receive a confirmation from the Examination Secretariat if you have properly sent it by email and by post. Only with this confirmation is your submission correct and on record. An email only is no longer sufficient.
Colloquia: If you have already submitted your thesis or the submission will take place during the closure of the university:
- Please get in contact with your supervisor and ask if a colloquium can be held via a video conference via Skype, Teamviewer, Zoom or a similar tool. We have the approval of the university here to enable you to graduate in the winter semester.
- If this is not possible, we will do your colloquium as soon as possible. Please contact us via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
In this case you do not have to worry about deadlines or because you are not registered for the next semester! In this unusual situation we will handle deadlines etc. extremely flexibly with the backing of the university management. I just ask you to be patient when answering your requests.
At the moment, the Studierendenwerk is not aware of an infections inside the student dorms. But this might and very likely will change.
We have agreed the following procedure with the Studierendenwerk, which is closely in line with the official recommendations from medical authorities:
- Please stay at home if you do not feel well and contact your doctor. As most of you might not have a doctor yet, check which general doctor (Hausarzt) is close to your premises. Maybe also senior students might give you some hints.
- If you are infected, the Studierendenwerk will try to get you into stationary health care, as a true quarantine is hard to achieve in a student dorm. Please closely follow the advices and guidelines of the Studierendenwerk in this case.
- Please stay in contact with your peers and try to support you whenever possible. In case one WG has to stay in quarantine, please buy food and other needs for them and deposit this in front of the door.
- Do not get in direct contact with students in a quarantine situation.
Concerning Heag, we try to make similar arrangements, but as the Heag does not have local housing staff, you will very likely manage things more by yourself. Also for this, make sure that you stay in contact. Please do not limit this to your friends only, but make sure that everybody is included in your social media.
Some students reported issues with visa prolongation due to closed immigration offices. We have forwarded this to the Student Service Center and will provide an update as soon as we have some information.