Exam Rules and Regulations
This page provides all information and contact points related to exams. The examination board and office are the central point of information for all issues related to exams.
All examination regulations are laid donwn on two levels:
- University wide regulations - ABPO
- The special examination rules defined by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology - BBPO
In case you have specific questions related to exams or exam regulations, the examination office and board are available to assist you.
The Most Important Rules in a Nutshell
The following list provides a brief overview of the examination rules in effect at h_da. For more details, please check the ABPO and BBPO above.
- Exams are offered twice per year (February/March+ July/August).
- You have to register yourself online for every exam you plan to take. Here you will find all information about the registration and deregistration process.
- Cancellation of an exam is possible until one day before exam. Note: you will automatically be registered for all following exam dates of this exam.
- Only exams which are not passed can be repeated. After failure, an exam can be repeated twice. After failing the second repetition, a last oral exam will offered.
- Grading (marks) is according to the German grading system: 1.0 (excellent); 1.3; 1.7; 2.0; 2.3; 2.7; 3.0; 3.3; 3.7; 4.0; 5.0 (failed)
- A failed module cannot be replaced by another module.
- In case of illness you have to hand in a certificate from a doctor which has to state that you are unable to take an exam (wording "prüfungsunfähig erkrank") and the original (!) has to be submitted immediately, i.e. the latest the next working day.
Program, Rules and Regulations
University Wide Rules:
- ABPO - General University Examination Regulations (English)
- ABPO - General University Examination Regulations (German)
Examination Rules PO 2012:
- BBPO - Faculty Examination Regulations 4 semester program (English)
- BBPO - Faculty Examination Regulations 4 semester program (German)
- BBPO - Faculty Examination Regulations 3 semester program (German)
- BBPO Appendix 4 (2012): Internship (Englisch)
- BBPO Appendix 4 (2012): Internship (German)
- Module Description (Englisch)
- Module Description (German)
- Module Table
- Study Plan (4 semester)
- Study Plan (3 semester)
Examination Rules PO 2019:
BBPO - Faculty Examination Regulations (3 and 4 semester program) incl. appendix. (coming soon)
Please use the Contact Form for your questions and to contact the Examination Office.
Consultation Hour (D 16, Room 407)
Monday: 9 am - 11 am
Tuesday: 9 am - 11 am
Thursday: 9 am - 11 am